THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS
Admissions to charter schools are completely separate from the DOE process. Applying to BUGS is not part of the ranking process, and there is no interview or other selection criteria, including review of a student's prior record. Attendance at an Open House is not required in order to apply.
- BUGS is a tuition-free public school open to all NYC residents.
- Admission is by random lottery ONLY.
- All students must complete an application to apply for the lottery. Applications for the 2014-2015 school year are now available online by clicking here. Paper applications will be available in early winter 2014.
- The lottery will take place in April 2014.
- Students who live in District 15 will be given priority in the lottery, but interested families should still apply regardless of residence.
- All applicants who apply by the April 1st deadline will be entered into the lottery.
- We will notify those students who have obtained a place at BUGS after the lottery takes place and create a waiting list.
- Waiting lists do not carry over from year to year, so families that applied in 2013-2014 school year must reapply to the 2014-2015 lottery.